Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Appeasing the PETA people

A home makeover show created a multimillion-dollar home the other night. Millions upon millions. Usually they make a great multi-thousand dollar home, but this was different. It was for victims of hurricane Katrina. No, no, not for people--for animals. Yes, animals were placed higher on the list than actual people who lost everything to that storm. Great job, ABC. You really know how to keep your standards high.

Yes, I said animals. Ridiculous. Let me say it again: that's utterly ridiculous.

It was a family who rescued animals and didn't have the space, so the show built everything brand new for them--for animals. Come on, now. I'm all about providing a nice home for little Fluffy, but if you want to spend millions on a "deserving family," why not actually do it for real people who were displaced by the hurricane instead of creatures with an eight year shelf-life?

This whole "animals are worth as much as people" lunacy drives me nuts. I'm not talking about abusing them, that's not cool at all. I'm talking about placing them on the same (or even similar) level as a person. There's no justification for that. Just for clarity sake though, where do these people stand on abortion? Where's the value for human life?

I can't talk about this anymore. I'm getting too upset.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly! Do you know how many children and single parents were hurt by that hurricane? More than just a few...
Maggie

Farmer Family said...

Yeah. I just can't figure how anyone can put animals on the same level as humans, or care for them more than actual people. It's ... ughhhh ... I have no words.

Alaska1 said...

mmm People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

I have no problem putting animals on the same level as humans...on my table for isntance, right after I cooked it.

Perhaps I am a bit harsh, but I can tell you I am thrilled my Father allows me to harvest animals in Alaska to feed my family.

Shame on ABC, perhaps we could pray that they go read the first several chapters of Acts and see the way money is used wisely.