Saturday, February 11, 2006

Four Year Anniversary!!!


Amy and I celebrated our four year anniversay the other night. What started out to be somewhat of a hassle of an evening ended up being quite nice.

I made reservations at a fancy restaurant that required a minimum of "business casual," which is two steps down from tuxedo-penguin stuffy ... which incidentally is about ten steps up from, "It's stuffy in this Waffle House." But when we got there, we were seated next to a boisterous party of eight. We looked at the menu and calculated that a decent meal would cost $150-200, easy. With a tip of my proverbial hat, I created an excuse for the hostess at the front door, grabbed my coat, and we headed out the door.

I always try to do something unique and memorable for special occasions, but next time I'll know 1) when they don't list prices, it ain't cheap 2) when there are at least four categories of wait staff preceding your server, it ain't cheap (because you're paying the "wine steward" even if you don't want any) 3) when the wait staff you've met each has a different foreign accent, it ain't cheap and 4) when everything on the menu is exotic, but none of it appeals to your appetite, it ain't worth it.

We ended up at a great place that has quiet booths complete with privacy curtains. With a great meal, light conversation, and the beauty of my heart seated right next to me, I was a happy man. I love my wife, and I love how she loves me.

No comments: