Monday, January 08, 2007

You Know You've Hit the Bigtime When...

...none other than this guy comes calling.

We in the IT office at IHOP received a voicemail today (well, two actually) that went something like this.

"Hi. I'm looking for Mike Bickle, but the phone system dumped me to this extension. My name is Stephen Baldwin. I have been an actor for over fifteen years and now I have a ministry. If you need to find out about me you can go to stephenbaldwin.com ... that's Stephen with a P-H. Ummm, I am trying to reach Mike Bickle ... and Corey Russell if I can. I connect different Christian ministries together. My number is XXX-XXX-XXXX. That's XXX-XXX-XXXX. And that's my personal cell number here in New York."

Then he called back a second time and left almost the same message. In case we didn't get it the first time.

We laughed because we thought it was a prank. But it was real apparently.

You heard it here first.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you guys have all the fun. I'm switching my service hours.

Abby said...

Thats way funny! I just couldn't read this without thinking of him being Barney Rubble in that Flinstones Movie. haha.

Farmer Family said...

Abby,
You never know ... if he listens to us long enough maybe his tenth End Times movie will be somewhat closer to the truth.

Shawn,
I can't tell you how much I wanted to say this in the worship team meeting today.

Anonymous said...

If you google him, (I'm assuming you already know about Stephen) you'll see that he has done some fairly innovative outreaches with Luis Palau, featuring extreme sports, etc... He seems to be as on the level you can be from an acting background... Keep us posted if you can!

Farmer Family said...

Nathan,

Yeah, he definitely has something going, we just couldn't figure how, of all the extensions he could have chosen, he reached the IT voicemail.

Farmer Family said...

Nathan,

You asked for an update, well here it is. I'm posting it here because it's not supposed to be public info ... keepin' it on the DL ... silencio on the Baldwinio tip, if you know what I'm saying, boyee.

Corey and Stephen talked. He apparently got ahold of some of Corey's albums (which utterly rock, by the way) and really liked his stuff ... it's a mix of preaching and music. So Stev-o is coming to IHOP incognito (don't know how this is going to be pulled off) for a conference. I am under orders not to say which one, but I can tell you it's within the next year, but probably sooner ... and for those who don't know IHOP, we have ten conferences a year. I'm just trying to say it without saying it, that's all.

Funny story: when Corey and Stephen were on the phone, Stephen's little girl asked him, "Are you really talking to the Corey Russell?" And Corey was thinking, "Hey, shouldn't this be the other way around?"