Monday, January 16, 2006

I Said Fan, Not Lunatic

Somebody messed up the premiere of 24 for lots of somebodys in the Midlands. The reaction is pretty strong. Loony at points. But I don't think I've fallen that far yet.

"The '24' mishap might remind another generation of viewers of a national TV goof on Sept. 17, 1968, when NBC cut off the last hour of a pro football game to show the made-for-TV movie 'Heidi.' As a result, football fans missed it when the Oakland Raiders scored two touchdowns in nine seconds to beat the New York Jets.”

Final score: Raiders--14, Heidi--1, Fans--riot.

3 comments:

Chuck Scott said...

I remember it like it was yesterday. I, along with the other men in the house were outraged that they would cut off a great game to air Heidi. At three years old, I grabbed my blankie and cried myself to sleep, not lnowing who won the game. I had to read it in the newspapers the next morning like every other child. Boy, what a rip!

Wow, I thought I repressed that memory..

Farmer Family said...

Hmmm... a little low on the medication, are we Chuck?

Chuck Scott said...

coffe levels have been out of whack. sorry.