Monday, January 09, 2006

My Muse

After moving the girls into the same room (there are some pros and cons to this), I decided to paint the newly-dubbed "office" with an incredible red by Sherwin-Williams called Fireweed. We bought it months ago to use on our kitchen, but it was too dark so we just hung on to it. It's a rich, powerful color and I really like it a lot ... it'll either spark my writing creativity or drive me nuts (as red is supposed to have the opposite effect of the soothing colors like a light green).

After I finished that, I set up my Amy shrine--pictures galore all around the room. Throughout history, creative artists have had a muse that embodied the spark of genius: beauty. And she is mine; my muse, my beauty.




Beauty has come to the room. Now the room is done.

No comments: