Wednesday, November 09, 2005

One Thing



As you may know, I am a budding writer and editor. I am certainly not amazing, but I can smith a word or two when someone asks for help. In December of 2004, I was privileged to release my first book, Forerunner Meditations, Volume One. It is a six-month devotional from six different missionaries here at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, Missouri (IHOP-KC). They each did a month of meditations/daily thoughts and I served as the editor for the entire work. Being my first attempt, I learned a lot which has since served me well.

This week I completed my second major work (a million thanks goes out to our partner in crime, Abby Underberg) as a ghostwriter for my friend, Dwayne Roberts. His book will be called, One Thing: Boldly Pursuing All That Matters, and will be released in December of 2005 by Relevant Books (the publishing side of Relevant Magazine, a magazine for young adults). Dwayne is one of the leaders here at IHOP, and heads up the regional OneThing conferences that happen every month or so around the US. He’s an incredible man of God, a tender intercessor, and a great husband and father. But most of all, he is a missionary who is in love with God.

His story is pretty incredible: from quitting the ministry, to meeting an American in Budapest to whom God had given a dream about Dwayne two weeks prior, to finally discovering that God’s name is Desire. Whether you are able to relate to his honesty, his story, or his teaching, hopefully you will be drawn closer to the greatest Lover of all time, Jesus.

Dwayne, it was an honor to work with you. Allow me the honor again sometime.

No comments: