Saturday, November 05, 2005

Lost: One 40-hour-a-week Job

The other day I lost my job as a security officer. I was fired. From a cake job, no less. That's pretty rough. You may ask, how do you lose a job that consists of sitting on your butt? It's simple. Someone lied about me.

I really don't want to go into details about the event, except to say that I'm a bit hurt by the whole thing. Actually, I was outraged until I got ahold of myself. Then I figured out that it may have taken me by surprise, but not God. He knew it would happen and that gives me a certain amount of peace you can't buy.

Regardless what I think about the situation, God has been taking care of me since before I was aware of His existence; He's more than able to take care of me now. I've got to put my energy into what I know to do and see what He does from there.

As soon as my supervisor called me in, my wife, Amy, said, "There's something more going on here than what we can see. The whole situation seems to be other than what is actually being said. It's gotta be supernatural--something we can't change even if we wanted to. God's totally got something going on here."

Truth is, I've been working on some writing, proofreading and editing jobs lately. It's one of the few things I actually want to do for a very long time. Maybe this is the time to go for it. It could be the kick in the pants we need to get going for real.

What happens when God kicks out every crutch you've been hobbling along with for so long? What happens when you don't have a leg to stand on--and God is the one moving all the chess pieces? Hmmmmm...

This week in God: "Gimpy Grace."

Tune in next week for, "Are You Dead Yet? The Joyful Geriatric."

No comments: