Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Surgery Pronto

Olivia has worsened.

As of about 8PM Tuesday night, she has been taken to Children's Mercy in downtown KC. We are tucking the girls in bed and will meet Olivia there after her in-processing.

She will have a heart catheterization (litany of tests) within the next day or two at most, and 24 hours later will have surgery.

The surgery will put in a BT Shunt, which is a massive artificial vein between the lungs and heart to help give her more oxygenated blood.

Pray for her. Thanks.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

May God bless your little Olivia and your family. I will be praying for you.
I am listening to the Prayer Room webstream, and just a few minutes ago the prayer meeting was focused on praying for your family, as well as a couple others in the IHOP family with similar needs of healing for their babies. You are not alone.

Anonymous said...

God bless you and Amy Josh. You really are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Josh & Amy--thank you for the updates. I prayerfully await good news. I wish I could hug you Am--I love you tons & will keep praying for your whole family during these trying times. love, Julie