Monday, December 12, 2005

Blessings


Some great friends stopped by the other day and they gave us a Christmas tree. We are blown away by their generosity and so thankful for their wonderful hearts. You guys are the best!

You see, we are not at the point where we could get a tree of our own (I don't know if they knew this or not), and the Christmas season is probably one of the biggest things for Amy. She loves everything about it: hot chocolate (or a vanilla latte), a warm fire, fresh snow (minus the blizzard ordeal that knocks out the power), beautiful lights, a fragrant pine tree, ornaments that hold memories, and friends and family that only add to the season.

I love all that stuff too, I just prioritize a little different because I am a guy. Usually I'm all about the freebies like driving to see lights, but I don't generally want to spend a massive amount of time and money lighting up our house like an electric bonfire (or in the case of a Burning Man convention, electricity plus a bonfire). Like most guys, if I have to choose, I'm more concerned with function instead of form.

There are little blessings that come along like this. You don't expect them, so you don't really know what to say when they happen. I sure didn't. It may not have been a big thing to our friends, but it was massive to us. It feels a little more like the holidays now. Again, a big thank you for giving us a little blessing. You are true, and that is rare.

No comments: