Saturday, December 17, 2005

The Sound of Annoying Music



Tonight I am finishing the final draft of a book in the kitchen of our very small house. Amy is eight feet from me in the living room watching "The Sound of Music". I, being a guy, do not particularly care for musical movies (especially girlie ones) so Amy and I have a running banter.

When I figure out that the story takes place during WW2, Amy (wrongly imagining that my interest is somehow heightened) says, "Yeah, and now they have to try and escape." She's trying to get me interested. It's not working.

Without a second thought I said, "Well, all they have to do is run up into the mountains and start singing. No one will follow."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough Sound of music is Justin's favorite movie and I have to white knuckle through it.....

and speaking of movies--the Matrix? I never understood why anyone liked those...Awakenings? Yup I can see that...tear jerker....Contact? Really Josh????!!! Ugh!...but then again I cant stand any alien sci-fi kinda movie....and Training Day? total shocker. What about Basic? Tombstone? Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? Along Came Polly?.....nope? ok well, just thought I'd ask...

~Love ya and Merry Christmas from Las Vegas

Farmer Family said...

Justin has officially forfeited all of his cool points.

Movies: Matrix--a famous writer once said that the best stories are the ones with the most layers. That, and the theological tie-ins, is why I like it. The acting is terrible though. Awakenings--pretty deep flick. And when seen as an allegory on deity, it hits home for me. Contact--another allegory on deity, free will and God's choice to remain hidden except to those to seek Him. Training Day--really, really good acting. Not recommended if you can't handle it. Don't get me wrong, I don't own it and I wouldn't show it to my kids ... I've only seen it two or three times. I just thought the actors were awesome.